Cellulite is formed by fibroid masses of protein that have accumulated in the spaces between the cells due to faulty elimination of waste by-products through the lymphatic system, your body's filtration system.
Cellulite is more often a problem for women than men and the severity can be influenced by: The Heredity Factor, age, and pregnancy. Cellulite may be more pronounced in women with thin skin, those with more body fat, and in those women whose daily fluid intake in insufficient. Given such, a couple of obvious solutions for decreasing cellulite include:
– Weight loss & exercise for toning
– Sufficient intake of daily fluids
Cellulite can be extremely difficult to get rid of. Many individuals go under the knife to accomplish cellulite removal – a drastic approach for a testy common problem. Yet your best defense AND safest defense against cellulite is to maintain a healthy weight, get adequate exercise and hydrate as much as possible to cleanse your lymph system. Here are some other effective suggestions.
1. Draw a bath. Two Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 cup sea salt, ¼ cup Epsom salt added to the bath may help alleviate cellulite. Soak for 30 minutes.
2. Caffeine is an ingredient in many cellulite creams. This recipe calls for smearing coffee grounds that have been mixed with a bit of olive oil onto the cellulite area. Wrap area (not too tightly) in plastic wrap. Leave mixture on for twenty minutes, remove plastic and rinse. Repeat 2-4 times per week. Or another coffee mixture for combating cellulite consists of mixing finely ground coffee with lotion and applying to affected area. Leave concoction in place for about five minutes, then rinse. May be done daily.
3. Lymphatic Drainage: Intense lymphatic massage can do wonders for cellulite removal. Typically, cellulite massage is done by a specialist in a spa or clinic; however, it can in fact be done from home by someone that knows what they're doing. Basically, what happens is immense massaging pressure is applied to the area showing signs of cellulite — dimpled skin, cottage cheese looking skin, etc. Aside from the it's obvious skin repairing properties, this intense pressure promotes increased blood flow as well as lymphatic drainage — two factors that play a particularly large role in the removal & creation of cellulite. When undergoing these anti-cellulite massage treatments, mild to moderate bruising should be expected.
4. Stimulating the skin with natural tonics may be of help in ridding cellulite. Oils that stimulate the skin include: bay oil, lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, lemon oil, sesame oil, hazelnut oil, cypress oil, and grape seed oil.
5. Diet is HUGE. A diet with very little junk food and plenty of helpful foods will likely do the trick. Junk foods being sugar, processed foods, saturated fats, and/or anything else that comes in a box, bag or can; good foods being fish, fish oils, lean meats, fresh produce, whole grains, nuts and seeds, lots of water, etc. Junk foods contain lots of calories and harmful toxins that routinely get placed in the body's fat storage cells, eventually leading to the accumulation of cellulite. By removing these toxins and calories, you effectively get rid of cellulite.
6. When you exercise for cellulite removal, you are doing two things: you are fighting cellulite & helping to get rid of it, and you are making yourself stronger and healthier over time. Cardiovascular and aerobic exercise helps to increase blood flow and circulation, which in turn helps prevent cellulite build-up.
7. Gingko may also help stimulate circulation in some individuals.
And, it’s worth repeating- my favorite recipe for ridding cellulite includes a healthy diet, weight loss (only when needed), and consuming adequate amounts of fluids per day.