Digestive Tips for Overeating and The Best Hot Chocolate Recipe

Digestive Tips for Overeating and The Best Hot Chocolate Recipe

The holidays are officially here, and with that comes a multitude of festivities and fun. But the holiday season is also known for having its fair share of indulgences, from rich foods to alcoholic beverages to late nights. So, how do you stay healthy and prevent overeating?

Here's the thing: It's all about balance. I like to practice the 80/20 rule, especially during the holidays. That means that 80% of the time, you'll be eating the things you know are good for you and spending the other 20% of the time having fun and indulging.

But what if you tip over that 20%? Will that destroy you? 

I'm here to help you make sure it doesn't with these digestive tips!

Drink Apple Cider Vinegar 

Apple Cider Vinegar is most likely something you have hidden in your cabinet or can pick up from the grocery store. The Apple Cider Vinegar will get hydrochloric acid production going, which will help you digest your food faster, so you don't have to have it sit like a rock in your stomach.

I recommend taking a tablespoon in six ounces of water before your meal to help digestion. If you forget to drink it before your meal, it's not too late! You can still experience the relieving benefits of drinking it after you're stuffed.

Have Ginger On Hand

Ginger is another helpful food to have on hand during the holiday season. You can peel most of it and keep it in the freezer to use as needed. All you need is a little bit, then you put it in a mug, fill it with hot water, steep it, and drink.

You can also use ground ginger, cumin, coriander, and fennel. You can boil these spices in hot water and drink it like tea.

Pass the Brussels Sprouts

So, what is the healthiest dish at Thanksgiving? My answer is Brussels Sprouts. Most of us aren't eating brussels sprouts regularly, but they are a fall food. During the holidays, this is a very healthy food to include in your holiday spread because they have double the amount of vitamin K, which is fat-soluble and helps bone growth, maintenance, and blood clotting.

They're also high in vitamin c and folic acid. I like to brown them in grass-fed butter and walnuts and roast them. Then, for extra flavor, you can add high-quality bacon. Wild Pastures is a great choice for affordable, high-quality meat. 

Healthy Hot Chocolate Recipe

If you enjoy the winter tradition of drinking hot chocolate but don't want your digestive system to suffer, you must try this recipe. 

Almond milk (Recommended 8 oz per serving)

Four Sigmatic Cacao Mix (1 scoop makes one 8 oz serving)

2 scoops of collagen 

2 scoops of MCT powder

Mix 1 scoop of Four Sigmatic Cacao Mix into warm almond milk. We recommend 8 oz per person or serving. Then add the collagen, which will provide 18 grams of protein to slow the blood sugar response. Finally, add MCT powder and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt and enjoy!

This is the perfect dessert after a big meal.

We hope you have a fun and healthy holiday season!

Related Posts

Browse Blog Categories


Join our 130,000 tribe members on a journey to feel whole again

Get Free Gifts, a Welcome Kit PDF, and more. No spam ever.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.